Monday, May 4, 2009

Fore!

Mr. C is such a charmer. It's a good thing he's so cute because I'm really not a fan of seeing 2am pass by. I prefer to sleep through that time of day.

Today we saw the hospitalist and the cardiologist. Mr. C had an echocardiogram of his heart which took quite some time. They are really concerned now that they may need to beef up his heart to be able to get him through a hip repair surgery. No orthopedist will even touch him right now. So that means he may be facing not one, but two operations.

They are transferring him to Greenville Memorial tomorrow to undergo a cardiac catheterization, which is also a procedure with risk. The hope is that the catheterization will give them a clearer picture of how to proceed.

I'm here in the hospital room tonight so that we can avoid any incidents. He's been talking out and thinks we're golfing, in a boat and a couple of other places. Hey it's late and it takes longer to type on the phone so my thoughts are easier to scramble than an egg.

He's quiet for now. I'm going to lay down on my rock and cover up with my napkin and try to sleep